Tuesday 20 January 2009

Smile

Well I was walking back after working on my project the other day, remembering something funny that had happened that day (My supervisor whom I had considered to be a serious person, talking about - saving the world from the bad guys in Gears of War...as though it was the most important thing he had to do all weekend..LOL). Well anyways having this thought in my mind I was already having a hard time not laughing out...and it seemed impossible to refrain from having a massive smile on my face. As I was walking, I saw a lady walking towards me. I was starting to feel a little embarassed not being able to contain my smile, I was certain the lady would think I had gone nuts. But as she walked I got a rather unexpected reaction. She smiled back at me.

A complete stranger in my life whom I had never spoken to, and there she was all of a sudden smiling because of me. That just made me realise what a wonderful thing a smile is, and just how contagious it could get. I would like to believe that the lady carried on walking with a smile on her face, and hopefully made some other stranger smile. I was actually glad that I wasn't able to contain my smile.

And to be perfectly honest, the worlds troubles did seem a lot lighter while I was smiling. Thinking about the kind of reciprocating effect that one smile can have, it is that one smile that could make the whole world a much happier place. If only people would try and stop worrying for a second and see the little positive things in life everyone would be walking around smiling. When smiling people tend to be in a good mood. They would therefore be more inclined to help other people, and much less inclined to fight and argue. Half of the world's problems would automatically be solved.

So go on....SMILE...and make someone else smile as well!!

2 comments:

  1. I've had similar experiences... they're pleasant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey glad to know I am not the only one having these experiences...just realised someone had commented here now...haven't been active on my blog for a very long time

    ReplyDelete